Urim update and prayer requests
All the news I've heard since leaving the Urim area a couple of weeks ago has been good. On my final Sunday morning in the village, several men brought kundu drums with them to church and led the congregation in some of the new, traditional-style songs. And I heard that the same thing happened the next Sunday.
Now I've just learned that the songwriting groups will be doing another critiquing and recording session today (Friday). I left my digital audio recorder in the village with Paula, the resident Bible translator, so that she could continue recording new songs--apparently there are 30 more songs! Everyone there would really appreciate your prayers for this day of continuing the joy and celebration of creative worship.
Thank you!
Update: Paula texted yesterday evening to say that she recorded 38 songs yesterday!
Now I've just learned that the songwriting groups will be doing another critiquing and recording session today (Friday). I left my digital audio recorder in the village with Paula, the resident Bible translator, so that she could continue recording new songs--apparently there are 30 more songs! Everyone there would really appreciate your prayers for this day of continuing the joy and celebration of creative worship.
Thank you!
Update: Paula texted yesterday evening to say that she recorded 38 songs yesterday!
Comments
Post a Comment