Port Moresby, and fast food
![]() |
| Boroko shopping area |
Port Moresby sometimes appears on lists of "Most Dangerous Cities in the World," and while I follow the sound advice of not going out after dark, I don't feel at risk when I'm strolling around in the city during the day. On my walk this afternoon I brought my camera along, and I'll share some photos of friendly people I met who asked me to take their picture.
Fast food
Papua New Guinea is one of about 98 countries in the world that do not have a McDonalds restaurant. So what do we have here?Behold:
Big Rooster.
With the catchy jingle "What's the time, what's the time, it's Big Rooster time" and a menu lineup that's based on fried chicken, it's the closest thing we have to an iconic national fast food establishment. There are multiple Big Roosters in Port Moresby. But when we're in Ukarumpa, the nearest Big Rooster is a couple hours' drive away, so although that's much closer than the nearest Burgerville we still don't patronize it regularly or impulsively.










Comments
Post a Comment